£40K – £60K DOE + Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, Pension (G2311767) Northamptonshire
Catfoss Recruitment Ltd are currently in partnership with a leading utilities connections provider that is looking to recruit a Bids & Proposals Engineer to their expanding team on a permanent basis.
Our client offers services ranging from private high voltage connections and maintenance to multiple new connections across Electricity, Gas, Telecoms, Water and EV Charging. We strive to be market leaders and are looking for motivated individuals to join us on our journey and to be part of our bright future.
Bids & Proposals Engineer – The Role
- As a Bids & Proposals Engineer you will be responsible for tendering a portfolio of lower value ‘Special Projects’ together with contributing toward high value electrically biased tenders. The scopes will
- include the customer owned ‘High Voltage’ electrical networks, Primary iDNO substations, associated Grid connections and the like.
- As a Bids & Proposals Engineer, you will be responsible for the timely delivery of your tenders together with the quality and commercial accuracy of tendered works within your remit. You shall build client relationships and as a Bids & Proposals Engineer, you have suitable and sufficient, knowledge, training & experience to deliver competitive, robust and accurate returns to your clients.
- You should be comfortable with providing technical advice, meeting your clients face to face, with support where needed, whilst returning and error free and articulate bids. The tendering process will comply with ISO 9001.
- All Special Projects resources may, at times, be required to be hybrid roles in terms of tendering, design development and/or delivery. This subject to their knowledge, understanding and competence. The works area may be within the Midlands region however may also be within the wider United Kingdom. You will be accountable for project change control which shall include raising respective quotations.
Bids & Proposals Engineer – Key Responsibilities
- Support the Special Projects Manager and Senior Tendering Engineers when requested to do so.
- Represent the company in a professional, timely and articulate manner, at all times, to all stakeholders.
- Ensure that all Special Projects tenders, within your charge, are prioritised and returned within the agreeable timeframes, complaint or appropriately qualified &, when secured, carried through promptly to hand over to the projects team.
- Proactively manage risk during the creation of the offering.
- Achieve your individual project tendering quantity goals together with any yearly sales target.
- Positively contribute the overall Special projects sales target.
- Maintain Sales/Project Handover specific documentation in line with the company’s BMS.
- Maintain a Continual Professional development (CPD) strategy.
Experience & Qualities
- A desire to succeed.
- Experience of working within a face paced utility/ construction/services engineering sales team environment.
- Proven experience of achieving sales targets.
- An understanding of tendering construction projects within MEICA/Utility Technical Construction Environment &/or T&D networks.
- NVQ Level 3 qualification in technical sales, engineering, construction and/or management, &/or, equivalent knowledge, training and experience.
- An understanding of CDM Regulations 2015.
- HV connection experience
- Design development experience
- Proven Experience in delivering robust quotation outputs.
- AutoCAD Competence
- Competence with Word/Excel/Power point.
- Microsoft Project Competent to deliver simple tendering (baseline) programmes.
- First Aid at Work Certificate.
- MIET or working toward.
- Experience in working within a technical construction sale and estimating team.
- An understanding of construction projects that fall within the classification of “notifiable” under the Construction, Design & Management Regulations 2015.
- Knowledge &/or experience of working with ‘Trimble’ or equivalent
- Project Management experience.
Bids & Proposals Engineer alternative job titles: Proposals Engineer, Bid Engineer, Bids Engineer, Tendering Engineer, Bid Manager, Proposals Manager, Bid and Proposals Manager, Sales Engineer, Technical Sales Engineer, Commercial Engineer, Contracts Engineer, Contracts Manager
Please apply ASAP
Due to current high volumes of applications to our advertised jobs, we are unable to respond to every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible.